[NatureNS] satellite tracking greater shearwaters

Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:48:24 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Angus MacLean <angusmcl@ns.sympatico.ca>

Wonderful research. It's interesting that the birds appear to take a few
days to feed before setting off for a lengthy flight, then repeat the
process. It is likely the sections of the Atlantic they fly swiftly over
are barren of food and  the birds may know that instinctively.

In similar research Leatherback Turtles are presently being captured, and
transmitters attached, off Neil's Harbour, Northern Cape Breton.

Angus