[NatureNS] Norway maple leaves with tar spot fungus, intermediate stage?, now in Wolfville (and N.B.??)

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:48:27 -0300
From: "Ronald Arsenault" <ronga@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_123091_28216178.1155775707038

Hello Jim,

On 2006/8/15, you *(*jimwolford@eastlink.ca) wrote (in part):

> "Perhaps not coincidentally, today on the noon CBC Radio news, I heard
> just
> part of an item concerning some FUNGUS INFECTION OF NORWAY MAPLE in New
> Brunswick? (Rothsay?); this infection does not affect other species of
> maple, according to the news item.
>
> Is there anyone out there in cyberspace who heard this news item and can
> fill in more information here?"

The story is found at:  *
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2006/08/15/nb-fungusmaple.html*

Unfortunately, it did not mention the infectious agent.  You may be
interested to know that this (or a very similar problem?) in the same area
was a topic of discussion on NatureNB last year.  The discussion is archived
and avilable at:
https://listserv.unb.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0508A&L=NATURENB&P=R798&I=-3
(I assume this works for non-subscribers as well.)

All the best,

Ron

------=_Part_123091_28216178.1155775707038

https://listserv.unb.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0508A&L=NATURENB&P=R798&I=-3<br>(I assume this works for non-subscribers as well.)