[NatureNS] mystery plant? Clintonia?

From: "Rick Ballard" <RBallard@NL.Rogers.Com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:31:31 -0230

Jean,
The question is "Are the berries really poisonous ?". I find it odd that they are not listed as
so in any poisonous plant guide I have checked, although they are widely regarded as being
poisonous. I haven't even found a single report, besides David's, of any adverse symptoms.
I have found several referances stating that there have been no reported cases of
poisoning. To appease my curiosity, I'm going to make a trip to the local university library
for further investigation.