[NatureNS] Scarlet Tananger

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:44:04 -0300

this past Saturday my friend Dianne Powell of Wentworth
Station, Cumberland Co., was driving up the Old Station
Road (locals used to call the the Back Road but now it has
some higher end real estate on it ) and spotted a different
looking bird in the middle of the road. It flew up onto the top
of a roadside shrub and she was able to watch it for a few
minutes until it's mate joined him and they both flew off.
The bird she was watching was a male Scarlet Tananger.
Dianne had seen one many years ago but in this area it
was very new to her. I don't know if this is a special find or
not but expect it is.. Sorry to be late with this posting but I
only just tonight got back from Wentworth and near a
computer. Heather Drope in Halifax.