[NatureNS] bald eagle and gull

Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:44:28 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Laurie Murison <gmwhale@nbnet.nb.ca>

I have seen an eagle take a live herring gull in seemingly perfect
health.  The gull was sitting on the beach with other gulls next to the
wharf, the eagle swooped down, grabbed the gull and flew away with it
before the other gulls had a chance to react.  We were left standing on the
wharf with our mouths open, not quite believing what we had seen.

We usually know that there is an eagle in the area because the gulls take
flight en masse when they see one in the air but they obviously didn't see
this eagle in time.

Laurie Murison
Grand Manan, NB