[NatureNS] Shorebirds and seabirds

From: Sherman Williams <sherm@glinx.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:40:04 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

It may be of interest to know that during periods of extra high tides
such as we are presently having, flocks of shorebirds have been
observed roosting in the seclusion of the gypsum quarries, in
particular, the one at Miller Creek, which is a short flight for
shorebirds feeding in the Windsor area.  They wait  out the high tide
grouped around the edges of the temporary ponds that form in the low
zones of the quarry.

Sherman

Sherman Williams
sherm@glinx.com