FW: [NatureNS] Ravenous Waxwings ( Sorry Jim )

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Laura Titus <llbeanie75@yahoo.com>
To: Nova Scotia Bird Society <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--0-2111907796-1155243992=:87898

Oops ! Sorry Jim if I led you to believe that I saw waxwings seeking nectar. I was trying to describe the manner in which they were devouring the bugs and I was comparing their hovering and rapid wingbeating to that of the hummingbird when they are feeding.

  Laura

  Sounds good, Laura.  I knew that waxwings sometimes eat flower petals, but I was unaware that they also go after nectar?  Cheers from Jim