[NatureNS] Blue Fish

Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Peter and All
Reports up and down from Yarmouth to Halifax have
indicated a large number this year. I've been out a
few times equiped for them but never found them.
In the late 70s, there was a group of very large
bluefish here - we caught one 14 lb at Crescent Beach.
The world record is 21 lbs. I learned about their
teeth the hard way - the Nurse laughed til tears were
in her eyes when I told her what bit me!
Reports I've been getting is this years additions are
smaller - 3 to 5 lbs.
The schoals are very migratory - am I useing migratory
in the correct sense ? - wouldn't want to offend
people - so it is difficult to pin them down.
If you ever fell included towards a bluefish day let
me know off line.
I hear that Strippers are plentiful also. One usually
reliable fisherman told me he had released over 100
this year already.
Have a nice summer
Paul