[NatureNS] Fish ID

From: "Joyce Norris" <whuzzy@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 22:56:48 -0700

Found an unusual fish at Carter's beach. Is there someone here who could ID
it for me if I sent my pictures?

The fish looks like a small tropical stray, Only about 2x2 inches (if that)
excluding fins. It is a mother of pearl white with multiple small
greenish-brown lepoard like spots on its body and fins. Its top fin has a
long string like piece at it's end. It is also very flat, only a few
millimeters thick. It was in the warmer shallow water and was staying around
the 2 to 3 foot area. A friend caught him in her hand once and about half an
hour later we were easily able to find him again in the same area of
water.I've shown the picture around quite a bit and no one so far knows what
it is.

Thx
Joyce