sust-mar: The Westin Halifax: Home of the Heavenly Hummer....

Cc: cmccarthy@rrfb.com, eecentre@dal.ca, sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca,
From: Dan Earle <dearle@auracom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:13:00 -0300
To: "Singleton, Annabelle" <annabelles@cbcl.ca>

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .

--Apple-Mail-74-443710861

Right on Annabelle!
Westin does give you the choice of reusing your towels so you can
  help save water - wow - probably saves them a lot of $ on laundry too.
On Apr 20, 2005, at 11:03 AM, Singleton, Annabelle wrote:

> [...]
> environment?  If so Good Job!
>
> Yours Truly,
>
> Annabelle Singleton
> Environmental Scientist
> CBCL Limited
> 1489 Hollis Street PO Box 606
> Halifax, NS Canada B3J 2R7
> 902 421 7241, local 2253 Fax 902 423 3938
> email: annabelles@cbcl.ca
>

> Community-based Social Marketing Workshop June 7
>
> RRFB Nova Scotia is pleased to sponsor a one-day workshop during
> Environment
> Week on community-based social marketing presented by environmental
> psychologist, Doug McKenzie-Mohr from St. Thomas University. The
> workshop
> will be held on Tuesday, June 7th at the Westin Nova Scotian Hotel. A
> registration form can be obtained by contacting info@rrfb.com.
>
> Social marketing concepts are used to encourage residents and
> businesses to
> change their behaviour and become more environmentally responsible. Dr.
> McKenzie-Mohr is a pioneer in the field of social marketing and has
> delivered workshops on community-based social marketing to over 20,000
> environmental educators all over the world. This workshop is designed
> primarily for educators, communicators and program managers involved in
> environmental programs or community development.
>
> Cost for the workshop is $125 per person for those registering before
> May 6.
> After that date, registration will be $175 per person.  This fee
> includes a
> buffet lunch and a copy of Doug McKenzie-Mohr's best selling book
> "Fostering
> Sustainable Behaviour".
>
> A limited number of student-priced registrations will also be offered.
> For
> more information, full-time students can contact me directly at
> cmccarthy@rrfb.com.
>
> The Westin Nova Scotian Hotel is holding a block of rooms at a reduced
> rate
> until May 6 for workshop participants. Call the hotel directly at
> 1-877-993-7846 to book your room. Mention that you are attending the
> "RRFB
> Nova Scotia workshop".
>
> In conjunction with this workshop, Dalhousie University's
> Eco-Efficiency
> Centre will be holding their Environmental Excellence in Business
> Breakfast
> on Wednesday,
> June 8 also at the Westin Nova Scotian. This annual event recognizes
> Nova
> Scotia businesses that are using innovating thinking and proactive
> strategies to reduce their "ecological footprint" Companies that are
> recognized realize that paying attention to the environment is simply
> good
> business. The breakfast is between 8-10 am and costs $20 per person.
> For
> details on the Eco-Efficiency Business Breakfast, contact the

The 5 R's:
Rethink
Reuse
Recycle