a *greater* GAS OUT

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:07:05 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Brian C. Bradley" <ax876@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Paul A Falvo <pfalvo@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Sustainable Maritimes <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Paul A Falvo wrote:
> On the one hand, it's encouraging to see my fellow Canadians united and
> taking a stand on something. On the other hand, it's disappointing that the
> unifying issue is the quest to keep gas prices affordable for the masses.
> And so soon after Earth Day!
>
> With wars and pestilence, refugees and homeless, environmental
> catastrophe, habitat destruction, species going extinct, hungry children,
> etc. etc. etc. ... I can think of a couple of better causes to support.

Although much of what you mentioned is of good value, there are some of us
on this earth that require a car to remain employed.  Many other
salespersons, like myself at times, may exceed an average of over 1,000
km/week in traveling.  This is a pre-requisite to our feeding our children
and family members.

I would prefer to see these hydrogen-powered vehicles arrive a wee bit
sooner than 2005+, but until that time I can only drive by the vacuum
gauge, which I installed, to ensure less unburnt fuel goes out the exhaust
pipe .... thereby contributing a wee bit less to the pollution that the
internal combustion engine has always represented.