web page authoring software

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:08:10 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Gary Welch <gwelch@ap.stmarys.ca>

 	Hi Gary. Personally I find HTML way easier than mucking with
WordPress and it's a lot safer too - while we keep the WordPress install
on our system updated, users can put in their own third party plugins
which may not be so secure or updated, or the user forgets to check on
them.

 	Of course your mileage may vary and perhaps you take right to
WordPress.

 	To shift your site to WordPress you would need to get either a
Sub-Domain with us, example name.chebucto.org where you could put whatever
as the name part. Those are $20 a year.

 	The other alternative would be a VDN or virtual domain name. You
could pick anything for this, example.com, example.org, example.net, etc.
but would need to get the name from a registrar and we would charge $100 a
year to host it with a one-time $25 setup fee.

 	We don't charge for the WordPress hosting, but it does mean your
website would be hosted on a different machine of ours than where it is
now, hence the requirement for Sub-Domain or VDN.