switching to a wifi connection

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:32:59 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Peter Mortimer <ag500@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Peter. If you put in the settings correctly your mail will
work. Double check your SMTP settings. Are you using Port 465? Do you have
SSL turned on? Is My server requires authentication checked? Have you put
in checks where they should not go? There should be no check in Log on
using Secure Password Authentication.

 	If you are having trouble, it is free to bring the computer here
into the office for us to set up. Any weekday afternoon between 2 and 4
would be fine.

 	There are different types of encryption. The encryption we are
talking about here is between Chebucto's server and you. When you talk to
us and are sending a password, we say that should be scrambled so it can't
be intercepted by third parties, which is particularly true on a wireless
setup, but also of great concern on any third party network where you have
no idea who has access. Your mail recipient won't see any difference.

 	For the purposes of SMTP, we insist that if you're coming in on a
third party network you must use encryption and you must authenticate that
you are our user with your login name and password. The vast majority of
providers do not even offer this service at all.