webmail down again?

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:58:39 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Audrey Samson <aa133@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Audrey. What you're seeing as a pattern of outages is not
rooted in any common cause. We announced on the Message of the Day -
http://chebucto.ca/motd that there was going to be a planned power outage
and there was one. There was also a second unplanned outage a few hours
after that which caused a couple of our machines to need us to come in and
restart them manually, but there was nothing we could have done about that
short of renting a generator at MacFarlands Friday for what was supposed
to have been a two hour outage in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

 	We do the best job we can of providing service and in all fairness
we do a very good job, even today offering services the major providers do
not even have. Nothing is going to be perfect and yes, technology seems to
delight in messing up when no one's around, but every time something
happens, we fix it.

 	All services have downtimes; big providers, small providers,
everyone. Things break, people fix them. We've got nothing to be
embarassed about, last year we had a 99.972% uptime.

 	I'm sorry that our outages inconvenience you but for what it is
worth, Chebucto mail is the primary provider for me and the rest of the
people running Chebucto too so we're all invested personally in keeping
things running smoothly. Such buy-in is your guarantee we'll always be
doing our best here and yet another thing the major providers cannot touch
us on.

 	So lesson here is to check the MOTD when something's not working.
That's where the latest news is.