missing emails

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:20:17 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Tony Rowe <tony@lear.nslug.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, postmaster@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Tony,

    Your concerns and comments have been passed along to our Postmaster.
We welcome and value any and all suggestions to improve our service.

    That said; the downside which we've experienced, repeatedly, with
'learning filters' is that spammers have been constantly spamming us with
tons of odd, unrelated words, numbers, symbols and the learning filters
try to absorb and use all of it and, thereby, tossing our legitmate email
in our reject folders, which we then have to recycle by hand after
removing those terms from the filter.

    Learning filters are like locks on doors; they keep the honest poeple
out but the crooks will just kick their way in.  Spammers have long since
learned to flood learning filters at ISPs with tons of nonsensical junk
and make learning filters unusable.

CCN Help