Strange Newsgroup Glitch?

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:52:11 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Will McCorry <aa328@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Will,

    Since PINE treats news postings like email, you will have to delete
all read and unread postings prior to moving onto the next group unless
you want them to remain.  PINE doesn't have a 'c'leanup command like TIN
but uses the 'Apply' feature instead.  To delete everything remaining in a
particular group, press " ;AAD " while viewing the list of subject
headings in a particular newsgroup.

    That's a semi-colon (for Select), the letter 'a' (for all subjects),
the letter 'a' (for apply), the letter 'd' (for delete).

Tony @ CCN Help