486 in text mode set up

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:16:15 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    Those zipfiles I sent you are designed to unzip and fit onto two 1.44mb
floppy disks.  That's why they were packed like that.  They were released
prior to cd-roms being common in PCs so people used floppies for just
about everything.  If you're not getting quota mesages then your account
has enough space to hold those files.  I believe the mailboxes were
expanded some time ago to allow larger files to be held.

    Your telnet programs will not work, no matter how much you tinker with
them.  The signal receptor at CCN's 494-8006 line is a terminal connection
and doesn't recognize a telnet signal.  This would explain the ascii
garbage text on your screen.  It's, basically, CCN's signal receptor
saying "H-uh?"

CCN Help