I find returned messages which I did not send in the first place

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:01:26 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ambros <waterbuf@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Ambros,

   That's just it.  There is no cure.

   Once you've seeded the soil with grass, there will always be grass;
once you've seeded the internet with your email address, there will always
be those who will grab that address off a list at Yahoo, Google,
Geocities,  HotMail etc and use it for their own purposes.  The barn door
is open and the horses have all run off.

   All you can do now is mail management; as the spam comes in, delete it
and forget about it.

CCN Help