personal webspace

Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:13:02 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Keith S. McPhail" <an284@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Keith,

   A PLUS account is merely graphical ability added to the existing text
service but accessible through a different phone number because it uses a
protocol called TCP/IP and utilizes programs contained on your home
computer system such as an email program, news reader, graphical browser
etc.  The text account is a self-contained text-only internet account but
houses all of the programs you need here at CCN such as PINE email,
PINE/TIN news, Lynx text browser, ftp etc and connects via a terminal
server.  With a PLUS account, you still have access to your text account
as it is included in your fee.  A PLUS membership would also increase the
size of your storage space over and above the regular text account.

   For ftp, you would configure your ftp client to login as ...

   userid, password, directory

   For example, your winftp.ini file would look like:

===========================
[winftp:ccn.cfg]
HostName=chebucto.ns.ca
UserID=an284
Pass=******* (your password here)
Dir=/~an284
Script=
FireWall=No
HostType=AutoDetect
TimeOut=65
Save=0
============================

   Your homepage would be located at: www.chebucto.ca/~an284

   Since, originally, CCN index files were (and still are) called
Profile.html, to shorten your url to the above; simply copy your Profile
information into another file called 'index.html' and keep it in the
public_html directory in your text account along with the Profile file.
Use the quota button on the PLUS homepage (http://plus.chebucto.net/) to
find out how much space you have in your account or, from Lynx, type
'gquota' (without the quotes) and an information page will display what
your current usage and remaining space calculation.

   Hope this helps.  Let us know if you need further information.

CCN Help