changing internet - annalex

Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:10:51 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: MacNeil.LGM@forces.gc.ca

	Hi Leonard. This does bring up another advantage of Chebucto, the
ability to write and get an answer from a real person.

	My understanding from looking at the Eastlink website is they
claim the service is "five times faster than dialup" but they give no
further information as to what exactly they mean by that. I have not seen
this service first hand so cannot comment on how fast it is or isn't or
if it has any other less obvious drawbacks.

	Being on an always on network connection is riskier than dialup
for network based attacks and purchasing a router is the first advice I'd
give anyone on an always on commercial network connection.