Sending mail from my chebucto a/c

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:26:20 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: wmcdonal@staff.ednet.ns.ca

	Hi Wendy. The error message you enclosed comes from a mail program
called Outlook Express. Outlook Express gets and sends its mail over a PPP
internet connection. Chebucto Community Net provides this sort of PPP
internet connection but you have never had a Chebucto PPP internet
connection.

	What this means is when you are using Outlook Express, you are on
a PPP internet connection. This connection does not come from us, so it
has to come from someone else. The people that run your internet
connection run the send mail server (or SMTP server for its proper name)
that you use.

	So all along you have received your mail from us but sent it out
using the SMTP server of your PPP internet connection supplier. So to fix
your problem, you need to talk to the people who supply you with your
PPP internet connection. They are the people who run the SMTP server you
use.

	I hope this makes things clearer for you.