IP situation

From: "Jeff Warnica" <jeffw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Ccn-Board" <ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca>, "CCN Editors" <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:47:45 -0300

Rather then try to respond to the conversation, Ill start a new thread here.
What it comes down to is:

There needs to be a resolution to the IP/Neighbourhood/Group account system.
There dose not necessaraly need to be a concensious on the issue, but all
parties invloved have to understand what the system is. No one knows what
the official procedure is, or even what the in place procedure is, for that
matter.

Rather then discuss 'the old system' vs 'the new system' we discuss creating
The System. For theat, lets pertend that we dont have any system at all.
Because Im more interested in there being a consistant system that everyone
know about then putting forward a paticular system, Ill step back from the
discussion and am willing to moderate it as such.

At first, Ill ask that everyone interested make, informaly, there own
proposal as to what The System should provide. For now, pretend that there
isnt anything in place so dont compare your proposal to what was/is in
place. Dont even provide rational - there are for sure some points that
everyone agrees on and we dont need to expend energy arguing about what is
agreed. Dont discuss a whole system, or the provedures; lets do this from
scratch, and talk first about what the goals of the system should be.

So, please respond to this thread, in point form, what you think The System
should provide.