PLENS website

Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 18:48:04 -0400
To: editors@chebucto.ca
From: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>

(Re-send to Editors list, has already been sent to PLENS)

Hello Christina,

Sorry for the delay - I've been preoccupied with our upcoming AGM and
various other things.

I am very saddened that PLENS has left Chebucto Community Net.  We
could have easily incorporated your new domain name
<http://www.legalinfo.org> while maintaining your presence within the
CCN community.

In any event, here are the steps you will need to take:

1/ send a message from someone in authority at PLENS, on letterhead
(fax is fine) to our office asking that the current website files be
removed.

2/ I will redirect our link in the Community Support index to point
to your new domain. <http://www.legalinfo.org>

3/ since your old domain name still functions,
<http://www.publiclegaled.ns.ca>  should be redirected to hit your
new website address.  To do this, have your new webmaster contact the
domain name registrar and modify the nameserver address for
<http://www.publiclegaled.ns.ca>

NOTE that you actually have THREE websites right now:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Law/PLENS/index.html - on Chebucto
http://www.publiclegaled.ns.ca/	- on SuperCity's (halifax) server
http://www.legalinfo.org		- on ATT Canada's server

Although the first two have identical index pages, the links on the
second website point to newer information than is posted on the
Chebucto site.

Your current file at CIRA.CA indicates:

Domain
		publiclegaled.ns.ca

Organization

		Public Legal Education Society of Nova Scotia

Registrar
		Webnames.ca (UBC Research Enterprises Inc.)

Renewal Date
		2002/01/04 Date

approved
		2000/11/28

Last changed
		2001/04/16

Description

Registrar Number 70
Registrant Number 167571
Domain Number 167571

DNS1 dns0.supercity.ns.ca
DNS2 dns1.supercity.ns.ca

Administrative Contact

Name
	Maria Franks
Job Title
	Executive Director
Postal Address
	MARIA FRANKS
	EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
	PUBLIC LEGAL EDUCATION SOCIETY OF NOVA SCOTIA
	5523B YOUNG HALIFAX NS B3K 1Z7 CAN
	Phone +1 (902) 454-2198
	Fax +1 (902) 455-3105
	Email plens@auracom.com