WebCorps

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:51:10 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: Sharon Parker <sparker@chebucto.ns.ca>, Mike Cormier <aq421@chebucto.ns.ca>, Robert E Adams <ac200@chebucto.ns.ca>,

	Hi Everyone. My thinking was to move the WebCorps info up to the
Services page and offer it as a Chebucto service. There's nothing in the
info Mark has online that needs replacing as far as I can tell, but we
should flesh it out more and gear it more towards the consumer. Chebucto
may want to invest in some more advanced webmaking software at some point
(I'm mostly thinking Macromedia Flash here), but it isn't necessary just
yet.

	The biggest things I want to discuss are rates (development and
maintenance), CCN/volunteer split of fees, and what services we can pull
out of thin air now and what else we can offer later. We can then put up
an á là carte price list of our web-authoring services. On the Chebucto
side, I'd like to see this develop into a mentoring program with a
rotation of experienced webhands teaching less experienced ones, but
suspect that this will have to develop over time. Other practical aspects
would be a service contract (someone must have something similar we can,
um, borrow from) and someone to oversee the work (most likely Muggins
here, at least to start).

	I'd see this running out of the office ("Your One Stop Shop") for
the time being. Comments, questions?