IPDB Testing...

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:10:10 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
cc: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>, editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Chris,

That's what I'm looking for! Detail!

The IP was created on the hour... although the permissions seem to be
wrong... ;-(

-rw-rw-r--   1 root     root          626 Aug 17 16:00 ip-1090

The chain of events is:

1) NewIP (cgi-ipbin/newip) the form contents are checked and deposited
   in ipdb/Pending  - you should still be able to edit the ipdb record
   at this stage...

2) After the office/authorized personel have processed the file - this
   might be 'assisted' - the file is moved to ipdb/Create  ...it is not
   intended that you will be able to edit the record at this stage as it
   will be prcessed on the hour which might be only minutes away.

3) On the hour the accounts are created and the db record is moved to
   ipdb/  ...normal location.

If you could not find/edit the record after submission and before office
processing you should provide any detail to Giselle... she should be
able to track it down.

-----

I've fixed the error message associated with the directory name
and the file permission problems I noed above....

OK! Ready for another round... ;-)

david potter