New Template Changeover Complete

Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 19:33:37 -0300 (ADT)
From: Johnathan Thibodeau <am341@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: mcormier@chebucto.ns.ca, Chebucto Editors <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>, Sharon Parker <sparker@chebucto.ns.ca>, webmaster@chebucto.ns.ca,

These pages don't have the webcam link because they dont use SSI, so when
the template was changed, it had no effect on these pages. Some of
thesepages have good reasons for not using the template.

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 aa935@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:
> Webcam Icon

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/

The main page is so different that it doesn't use the template.

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/cgi-bin/csuite-remote?service=search
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/cgi-bin/search-form/Services/Registration

These pages are generated by a script which cannot use SSI; all
script-generated pages share the same design.

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Webcam/index.cgi

While this is a script, it is more independent then the others (it dosn't
use the same libraries). I can't be made to use SSI, but it could probably
be made to use the template.

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/search.shtml
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Newsletter/Beacon/news.shtml
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/contact.shtml
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/Registration/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/extra.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/volnet.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Chebucto/IP/index.html

These pages were converted to the new design before we even had the new
template, these should be swithched over. You'll notice that some pages
(search.shtml, news.shtml, and contact.shtml) have their matching word
in the top bar greyed out. While this would be possible if they were
converted to use SSI, I would not recomend it as it would bring about
another change to the template.

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Newsletter/Beacon/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/PPP/

I'm not sure about these two. They don't use the new template,
and I believe they were some of the first to be changes before the new
template had been setteled upon (before we decided to ge with SSI).

> No template

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Help/Tutorial/index.html
> http://csuite.ns.ca/training/glossary/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Help/OtherHelp/Forms.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/Training/TrainingPage.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Chebucto/Development/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Chebucto/FinAdmin/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Chebucto/Membership/index.html
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Chebucto/Technical/index.html

I agree, these should be converted as soon as possible. I'm willing to do
these myself if that's okay.

> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/site_map.shtml

This page almost certainly has to be rethinked, redone, and redesigned. We
should probably reevaluate our site structure. The image itself is too
large to fit in the new template anyway.

> http://plus.chebucto.ns.ca/

The plus site it totally seperated from the main CCN site (on a different
machine even). Most of the pages are created by using the php language.
I'm not sure exactally what the implications are in changing the design,
and in my opinion should be left as is, as they never were the same as the
other CCN pages.

						Johnathan Thibodeau