Invitation to all CCN volunteers and supporters

From: sparker@chebucto.ns.ca
To: sparker@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-comm@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca,
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:33:49 -0300

First, my apologies for the multiple copies of this that some of you will
receive. I want to make sure *everyone* at Chebucto gets the invitation to our
strategic planning session next month, on Sept. 15 and 16.

Second, congratulations on Mark Rushton's excellent outline of our new interim
IP registration process. If this solution is technically feasible, I think we
have a good working model that will satisfy everyone. It's been a long haul,
trying to resolve this. I'm impressed with the innovative ideas that have come
forward in this collaborative effort, but the best part is the speed and clarity
with which Mark and Andrew have put this in place.

I see this as the third positive step for Chebucto in recent weeks. We can pat
ourselves on our collective back for (1) Andrew and James' (on behalf of the
Communications Committee) spectacularly successful webcam project and Doug's
"Tall Ships" gallery, (2) Doug McCann's (in his role as Webmaster) and Johnathan
Thibodeau's resolution of the "colours" issue, in place as of yesterday, and (3)
this interim IPDB process which Mark and Andrew have developed. In addition, we
are working with Bernie Hart on an application for grant monies that could
significantly enhance our training capabilities and Information Provider
relationships, if our application is successful.

We are in a position of strength as we prepare to embark on our strategic
planning sessions in September. In addition to our Board members, all volunteers
are invited, and I strongly encourage you to attend. We need your input. The
dates are Friday evening, Sept. 15 and all day Saturday, Sept. 16. I'll be
sending out a more formal invitation to everyone on every committee as soon as
we settle on a location. And pass the word along to former Chebucto people who
might have valuable historical information to contribute. Actually, I would like
to hear from everyone who plans to attend, so that I can get an idea of the
numbers and how large a location we'll need, and I want to put together a list
of attendees. I would appreciate an email from you if you plan to be there.

Congratulations and thanks to all our hard workers at Chebucto. I hope to see
everyone at the strategic planning sessions. We've got lots of great ideas
around here; we just need to figure out how to implement them, for the longterm
benefit of CCN.

Let me know if you'll be there.

Sharon Parker
Chairman of the Board
Chebucto Community Net Society

Quoting Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The Board directed at Tuesday evening's meeting that the office
> revert to registering new organizational websites using the "old"
> IPDB.
>
> I was involved in a discussion this evening to look at the logistics
> of doing so, in such a way as not to have a huge impact on the
> expectations of those who have heard of the "new" method that's been
> in place for the past couple of months.
 <snip>

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/