Please just fix the colours! (Was: proposed changes to the CCN template)

Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:27:36 -0300 (ADT)
From: Johnathan Thibodeau <am341@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Sharon Parker <sparker@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: "Douglas J. McCann" <aa935@chebucto.ns.ca>, Bob Adams <bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca>, "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>,

&gt; &gt;    link="#Oc6c
	This discussion seems to of gone stale the past couple of days, but I
haven't seen any solution set in place yet. And I do believe it is still
of importance.

	I wrote a couple of days ago that there would probably be a server
side solution to this problem, so I got to work on it. On Tuesday morning
I tried my theory and I was pleased to see it work.

	It involves cgi, ssi, and cookies, and I have a test science
section at http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Science/colours that demonstraites
this. At the bottom of every page there is a link to a page that will let
you change the colours of text, link, and vlink.

	This would require no changes to be made to the existing pages,
and the only changes would be to only two of the template pages.

	It's not quite finished yet, but it does work. If you give it a
try, set you colours (you can use red, blure, purple, green ... or any of
the accepted colour names), submit it, and if you have cookies enabled on
your borwser, go back a few pages and the colours should take effect.

						Johnathan Thibodeau
						Tech / Editor