old CCN homepage...

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:18:41 -0300 (ADT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: CCN Tech <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: editors@chebucto.ns.ca

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, David L. Potter wrote:

> This will also allow individuals who wish to retain the older version the
> opportunity to do so. The recent changes were forcing all non Lynx
> browsers to the new page and offeing individuals no choice.

# michael 2 jun 2000: redirect older browsers to Home.html
RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_FILENAME}     ^/(index.html)?$
RewriteCond     %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}      Lynx
RewriteRule     (.*)                    /Home.html      [R]

# jeffw 19 jun 2000: force new browsers to index.html
# david potter 22 jun 2000: give them a choice
RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_FILENAME}     ^/(Home.html)?$
RewriteCond     %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}      !Lynx
RewriteRule     (.*)                    /Old-Home.html  [R]

The second last RewriteCond is wrong, I think. It will match both / and
/Home.html, and redirect them all to Old-Home.html. (I just tried it, and
it does - please test & then notify when making changes to httpd.conf!)