New Home Page...

Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 18:21:30 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: editors@chebucto.ns.ca

I just wanted to acknowledge Sharons observations that this process has
not been undertaken in secret... ;-)

I've not been very close to this process, I've been involved with other
projects and I don't consider myself to have any design skills. Although
discussion specifically about the desirable elements of a new home-page
might have attracted my attention these past weeks there is no real
guarantee of that....

A couple of the elements of the new homepage are fairly recent additions,
specifically the a-z and subject listings of IPs. These have replaced
the previous broad subject listings which not only provided access to
the informaiton but served to comunicate something of the underlying
resource. The new elements may in fact be quite satisfactory if they are
supported with some other elements which speak clearly to the variety and
scope of the content we host...

Graphically challenged, I'm not in a position to suggest what these
elements might be...

david potter