New Homepage...

Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:00:21 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Tech <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>, editors@chebucto.ns.ca

	Well, it seems to work fine once the button tag was rewritten. You
don't get the cute JavaScript-generated warning about both username and
password fields being required if you try to submit it with only one or
the other filled in, but that's a small price to pay for virtually
universal graphic browser access.

	The redirect can go in any time then and does not need to restrict
graphic browsers to Mozilla 3 or better then after all, at least not
because of JScript-JavaScript incompatibilities. It would be nice to test
the functionality of the mail form with MSIE 2 & 3 and Netscape 2 just to
be on the safe side though. I've got Netscape 2.02 at home, so I can check
on that when I get there.

	MSIE 2 and 3 both call themselves Mozilla 2 so how about we
restrict the new page to Mozilla 3 or better until we can determine for
sure that Netscape 2, and MSIE 2 & 3 don't crap themselves on the mailbox
code?  Hitwise, Mozilla 1 and 2 are pretty negligible anyway so we
wouldn't be affecting much in the way of traffic, but will have the long
overdue new home page online.