Process question

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:03:31 -0300 (ADT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Bob Adams <bobadams@ns.sympatico.ca>
Cc: editors@chebucto.ns.ca, CCN Tech <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Bob  Adams wrote:

> Michael Smith wrote:

> > We could create an ip-nnnn account for each ip-nnnn group, with a shell
> > that only allows FTP access.
>
> Would this be a single account and password assigned to the IP?
> Would 3 or 4 Editors for that IP all use the same account and password whenever
> they have the urge to FTP new material?
> direct refused mail or attempts to subscribe to IP email list?
>
> Who would receive notices, bills, etc. from CCN?

In my view having an FTP-only account could be in addition to, and not a
replacement for, having real IPE accounts in the editing group. Of course
this only works intuitively if the IP automatically has a few accounts to
its name (e.g. the premium neighbour option which includes a PPP and mail
account that could serve as the real IPE).