Stat's (fwd)

Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 15:39:21 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: editors@chebucto.ns.ca, "deveau, leo j. -- leo j. deveau" <ljdeveau@glinx.com>

fyi...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 13:26:39 -0300
From: Bill Crant <crant@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Newfoundland's Grand Banks <ngb_info@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject: Stat's

Hi Folk's;

Here is our statistics for the site as of yesterday, I'd say rather
impressive, even though we did drop off slightly for April and it's
easily explained, in March we redirected people from the two old sites
to the new, so there were bound to be an increase. But the best news
that we had a 20% increase in first time visitors to the site. This will
only make us grow down the road, but if we can service 1.46 Million hits
in 5 months, we are doing something a little right, and as we add more
and more material it only gets better. Then we have to remember, the CGI
Script doesn't count the hits generated through the numerous links from
the NFGenWeb Site or any other site, so we probably have many more hits
than this.

Number of visits to URLs that match /Heritage/NGB/

Apr.: 380657
Mar.: 414499
Feb.: 308675
Jan.: 232988
Dec.: 126432

Total: 1,463,251

I think we owe our coordinators and volunteers a big round of applause
for making this the most visited Genealogy site in Canada. We may be
small in number yet, but big at heart.

Cheers :-)
--
Bill Crant
PO Box 86, 24 Lorna Crt., Elmsdale, NS B0N 1M0