Fwd: Re: Archives !!

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:29:51 -0400 (AST)
From: "David L. Potter" <potter@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Peter Morgan <peter@riversystems.com>, netcc-owner@chebucto.ns.ca, Christopher Majka <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>, editors@chebucto.ns.ca

It's no wonder commercial ISP don't want anything to do with mailing
lists... ;-)

It took me just over an hour to set up and test the archives and digest.

By way of explaination, to try and reduce the load on the main machine
we're migrating the archives to 'phoenix'. A handful of the archives are
there already...

=======

One of the time consuming parts of the process is the creation of an
appropriate 'header' for the archive. This changes somewhat from one list
to another in this case I've created a header that included the
following links:

1) the 'info' file for the list (how to subscribe)
2) the netcc homepage
3) a comments link...

=======

WARNING...

Currently the homepage is CommunitySupport/NCC/NCCHPAGE.html

If someone changes the (name of the) homepage document, the IP editor will
change the entry in the appropriate CCN page but it's likely that the link
in the archive header will be overlooked until someone reports it broken.

Using the 'more' standard 'index.html' as the IP's first page would really
reduce maintenance problems...

david potter