IP request: Public Service Alliance of Canada Local 80052

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:52:04 -0400 (AST)
From: Edward Dyer <aa146@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
cc: CCN Editors <editors@chebucto.ns.ca>, David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>, John van Gurp <ab008@chebucto.ns.ca>, David Potter <ab934@chebucto.ns.ca>,

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Christopher Majka wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Bob  Adams wrote:
>
> > I agree that it doesn't fit under any of Government, Politics and Law.
> >
> > Perhaps we should look at where we would place several unions, with only
> > this one having anything to do with Government, etc. Others might be a
> > Bakery union, a Machinist's union. a Seafarer's union, a retail clerks'
> > union..
> >
> > Perhaps this is a catgory under community development.
>
> True enough. I therefore propose we create a new root-level directory
> called /csuite/info/Labour where we can can place the IP directories such
> organizations. Perhaps we can then create a new third page linked to the
> Community Support & Development page (called Labour Organizations or
> something on this line) that we can link such sites to. Sound good?

Sounds good to me, but John's concept of a union as [small-p]
"political organization" seems to have merit too.  Of course we
could link to such a "Labour" page from both ...
I might even find a place for such a link on the Religion page :)

Ed Dyer aa146@chebucto.ns.ca   (902) H 826-7496  CCN  Assistant Postmaster
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa146/    W 426-4894  CSuite Technical Workshop
Religion Page Editor, Chebucto Community Network http://www.chebucto.ns.ca