add religion department web site at stmarys.

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:11:33 -0400 (AST)
From: Edward Dyer <aa146@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: paul.bowlby@stmarys.ca
cc: editors@chebucto.ns.ca

Greetings Paul

Thanks for the suggestion of the CSSR, I think it is an excellent
one!
Link is now in place.

Unfortunately, I have more difficulty with the suggestion of adding
the St. Mary's Religious Studies web site at this time, not for its
content, which seems appropriate, but rather, for its presentation.

Chebucto Comunity Network takes seriously its commitment to
supporting Text based internet access alongside the more graphical
side (not that our sites are limited in graphics, but thousands of
our users depend on the text-based interface.)

The entire content of the Religious Studies home page consists of 5
buttons with no indication as to their content, something like this,
when viewed in the Lynx browser, (or in a graphical browser with
images turned off):

			[LINK]
		[LINK]		[LINK]
		[LINK]		[LINK]

The pages could easily be enhanced by the addition of ALT text
elements describing the content of the page, and the content of each
link, or even considering a page containing more detailed textual
content.  If you could see your way clear to such an enhancement of
your page (which should in no way interfere with the appearance of
the site on a graphical browser, and will make it more accessible to
internet search engines as well as to individuals with visual
impairment aids)  we would be pleased to provide a link.

IHS

Ed Dyer aa146@chebucto.ns.ca   (902) H 826-7496  CCN  Assistant Postmaster
Religion Page Editor, Chebucto Community Network http://www.chebucto.ns.ca

P.S. if you would like references to information on Lynx-friendly
web pages, or other assistance, we would be pleased to assist.  E.D.