modem problems

Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:04:36 -0300 (ADT)
From: Blaine Murphy <blaine@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
cc: ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca, editors@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi,

After I received a call from Louise, I figured out what was going on.
When you go status you get a page with a telnet link, if you follow this
link you log into chebucto again.  The link is a little misleading,
here's what you get on the status page:

Registering for a CCN Login          Sorry

   We cannot validate your identification.

   Your System ID is reported as @129.173.4.200

   Please [1] telnet to CCN, log in and get your membership information.

   [2] CCN Membership Page

It asks you to telnet to your ccn account and get your membership
information, when you do this, and login again using telnet.  When you
login and type go status to get your membership information, you get the
page with the telnet link again, so you end up going through an endless
loop.  When she quits one telnet session, she is brought back to her
previous session, and when she quits that session she is brought back to
her previous telnet session, etc...

I think the page should be changed to just state 'sorry we couldn't get
your information' and point them back to the home page.

Call me if this message isn't clear.

Blaine Murphy <blaine@chebucto.ns.ca>
Office Administrator - Chebucto Community Net
Office Phone Number  - (902) 494 2449