Problems with Csuite admin account

From: John Kurilec <jmk@ofcn.org>
To: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:30:11 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, John Kurilec wrote:
>
> > I have a couple of questions regarding the handling of accounts.
> > I attempted to activate a new account and while a number of files were
> > created for the account there was no entry in the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
> > files for the account.  I did find the the account in the following files:
>
> Wait until the top of the hour, or run '/var/csuite/cronbin/csuite-cron'
> as root. Changes to the passwd file are done in hourly batches.

I have been trying to get this one account to work for quite a few days.
Is there any way to complete the account or do I have to have the person
resubmit for another account?  As I mentioned it seems to have created
the home directory ok but not the rest needed to access the account.

> > I also have a pending account application which is obviously bogus, how can
> > I remove it from the pending file?
>
> Just leave it there - it takes up maybe five hundred bytes. :)

Just was wondering about cleaning up unused accounts for future use.

Thanks

John

--
John M. Kurilec
Organization For Community Networks (OFCN)

Please consider making a tax deductable contribution to keep the system
growing.