Problems with Csuite admin account

Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:19:48 -0300 (ADT)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: csuite-setup@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: csuite-install@chebucto.ns.ca, Giselle Corkum <corkum@cs.dal.ca>

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Kenneth Applegate wrote:

> (I am not sure if this posting is more appropriate to the install or setup
> lists, so I am posting to both)
>
> I am trying to get some experience with Chebucto 1.1 on my home PC before
> trying to install a test version for Seattle Community Network on one of
> their networked machines. I had a pre-existing single user workstation
> configuration of Red Hat 6.1 set up on a Gateway GP-500. I ran through the
> Chebucto 1.1 installation a week ago with no problems, but in retrospect I
> think I probably didn't get everything right in answering the assorted
> configuration questions in the last part of the csbuild2 script.
>
> Tonight I wiped out the first attempt and reinstalled Csuite 1.1 from
> scratch, and most things appear to be working OK.
>
> In particular, from the guest account, I was able to go through the
> registration procedure to "request" a regular account and submit the form.
> However, when I log in as the csuite administrative user and try to access
> the password protected admin link from the Home page, I am prompted for an
> account name and password for the "Office Administrator". This is
> apparently NOT the same as the csuite account, as that account name and
> password are not accepted.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Hi Ken, That's right the prompt for account name and password for the
"Office Administrator" is not the same as the csuite account.

This prompt is looking for the password supplied in the configuration
step assigning a "password for WWW access" for user "csuite".

To set this password run the command

CS_ROOT/admin-bin/htpasswd-edit -c CS_ROOT/etc/htpasswd csuite

The -c flag creates a new file.

Also, you might find the information at

http://csuite.ns.ca/training/modules useful for activating user and IP
accounts.

> Ken Applegate
>
> Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
> <starsrus@scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!

Regards,
David Murdoch CET
--
   Halifax Regional CAP Association Coordinator
   Technical Operations Manager, Chebucto Community Net