N.S. community nets for those with disabilities...

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 06:57:18 -0800
To: office@chebucto.ns.ca
From: ljdeveau@chebucto.ns.ca (leo j. deveau)
Cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca, sparker@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi everyone,

Just as a point of information. My understanding about that service re.
www.hub.org is that it is actually a Toronto based service and a gentlemen
named Marc Fournier, who is a systems admin person at Acadia, represents
them on the side with clients on the east coast. I don't know the guy, but
I'm sure we will meet in due course :)

Cheers,
Leo
---------

>        Checking this out, I find that http://nsnet.org, and
>http://www.cmhans.org/ (where Dartmouth Cdn. Mental Health, our former
>ip-1415 now lives) are both really based at http://hub.org, a Wolfville
>N.S. provider. Their services and prices are listed here for those
>interested: http://hub.org/services.html.
>
>        Once again it appears Chebucto was spurned in favor of a much more
>expensive alternative.
>
>                                                Andrew

Leo J. Deveau
Wolfville, N.S.
Canada
"...the market caters to progressive discourse to the extent
that is is profitable. The welfare state needs critique no less
than the market. Let us recognize the limitations of the market."
                                       -Vincent Mosco