Linking the Webcam

From: sparker@chebucto.ns.ca
To: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca, editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-pic@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-comm@chebucto.ns.ca,
Cc: ljdeveau@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:52:11 -0300

Hello everyone.

First, I hope you will forgive me for posting to so many groups at one time. I
know it's a nuisance for those subscribed to more than one group. However, in
the interests of widespread consultation and information-sharing I want to let
everyone know what the Communications Committee would like to do with the
Webcam. My goal is to make a decision today, so that we'll have a couple of
days' lead time before the tall ships start to arrive.

The spot on the home page where the survey resides (until tomorrow) is a good
place to put the webcam link. Because it is a "new information" spot, people
are accustomed to seeing it change frequently, and it will give us prominent
exposure to a large crowd during tall ships week.

I've already consulted informally with some of our volunteers and Board
members. What I need from you now is feedback. Are there any issues here that
the Communications Committee has missed? Am I correct in assuming that this
needs to be done quickly? Are there technical issues which threaten to disrupt
the peace of mind of our members? Is there a better, more creative approach
that I'm not seeing? Is there a more optimal way to market our webcam? Do we
need to involve the editors in the decision . . . do we have *time* to involve
the editors in the decision?

Let me know what you think. If I don't hear anything to the contrary, the
webcam will be linked tomorrow. If we can't all agree on this, we will be
obliged to present the issue to our Webmaster for arbitration. Please remember
that feedback can be both negative *and* positive. :)

Cheers.

Sharon Parker
Chairman of the Board
Chebucto Community Net Society

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/