IP Committee meeting June 8

Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:45:58 -0300 (ADT)
From: Edward Dyer <aa146@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 aa935@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:

> I've scheduled an IP Committee meeting for Thursday, 8 June, 6:30. Location to
> be announced.  Any conflicts? Agenda items?

Hi Doug,
I can be there from about 6:15 to 7:45 (assuming a reasonable
location :)

> Proposed agenda
> 1) Selection of 2000-2001 officers
> 2) Projects 2000-2001

I think we need to talk about the distinction we have always made
between IP's and indivicual accounts, in light of the new
"neighbourhood" style IP's.

There are several instances of very successful websites which are
being run from individual accounts, and although we have had a
policy of not linking to such pages from our category pages, I
wonder if it's time to rethink that.  I think we may be selling
ourselves (and our members) short by that policy.  (I think the
original intent was to push such "personal interest" style sites
into the IP hierarchy, although with our current policy to charge a
significant annual fee for such a site, I doubt we would get many
takers.)

An example of a site which was created under the IP section, but
would not necessarily have been is the Scottish Heritage site; a few
examples of sites that have not been are the Jewish resource page
~ab522/jewish.html mentioned recently on the editors' list, Norman
Deforest's resources on viruses, spam, etc., and ~ae862/quilt.html

Ed Dyer aa146@chebucto.ns.ca   (902) H 826-7496  CCN Postmaster
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa146/    W 426-4894  CSuite Technical Workshop
Religion Page Editor, Chebucto Community Network http://www.chebucto.ns.ca