REQUEST:Community information systems

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:01:58 -0400 (AST)
From: David Murdoch <murdoch@csuite.ns.ca>
To: ljdeveau@glinx.com
cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ipe@chebucto.ns.ca

Dr. Stephen Bajjaly attended TC97 here in Halifax and has written a
book The Community Networking Handbook by Stephen T. Bajjaly ALA 1999
ISBN 0-8389-0745-8

His web site is at http://www.libsci.sc.edu/stephen

David Murdoch

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 ljdeveau@glinx.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Thought this might be of interest re. ideas for Chebucto - this however is
> focused on groups only.
>
> Cheers,
> Leo
> --------
> >To: "ResPool Research Network" <respool@listbot.com>
> >From: "Jo McClendon" <jmcclend@Hermes.GC.PeachNet.EDU>
> >Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:02:31 -0500
>
> >ResPool Research Network - http://rtiess.tripod.com/respool.htm
> >
> >Try looking at Midnet :
> >http://www.midnet.sc.edu/
> >
> >MidNet is the community network serving Columbia and the
> >surrounding Midlands of South Carolina.
> >MidNet provides commercial-free access to local information --
> >most not available online from any other
> >source. Over 200 nonprofit organizations and community groups
> >currently provide information through
> >MidNet. Our goal is to make MidNet your one-stop source for
> >information about our community.
> >
> >This project comes out of the College of Library and INformation
> >Science at University of South Carolina. (Dr. S. Bajjaly's project)
> >Hope this helps.
>
> _____________________________
> Leo J. Deveau
> Executive Director
> Chebucto Community Net,
> Halifax, Nova Scotia.
> Canada.

Regards,
David Murdoch CET
--
   Halifax Region CAP Association Coordinator
   Technical Operations Manager, Chebucto Community Net