CCN Editor's, FTP access query

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:06:53 -0400 (AST)
From: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Christopher Majka wrote:

> > Ummm... nope.  Doesn't work that way.  I cannot move up the ladder to
> > /CommunitySupport/ ... I can only go back as far as:
>
> You are (if you'll excues the pun) barking up the wrong tree. ;->
>
> What FTP client are you using? If you use Fetch or Anarchie, FTP to your
> home directory, select the 00ip folder, select a symbolic link there (say
> /CommunitySupport/NSCUBA/ and then go up one level to /CommunitySupport.

Hmph.  I use Anarchie.

When I'm logged into my home directory (that is, log into the
chebucto.ns.ca server with no pathname specified) I'm taken automatically
to my personal filespace:

ftp://Mark:@chebucto.ns.ca//var/csuite/csuite1.0/home/rk/Mark/

Opening the 00ip folder gives me:

ftp://Mark:@chebucto.ns.ca//var/csuite/csuite1.0/home/rk/Mark/00ip/

and then selecting, for example, NSCUBA's directory I get:

ftp://Mark:@chebucto.ns.ca//var/csuite/csuite1.0/home/rk/Mark/00ip/NSCUBA/

Thus, no way to backtrack up the directory tree to /CommunitySupport/

...unless there is a setting in Anarchie that I'm using incorrectly?

I'll have a look at the documentation also.

thanks,
M.

Mark Rushton
Community Support & Development Editor