your mail

From: aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
Cc: Mark Ronald Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Office <office@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 19:00:06 -0400

Hi all

Last June a discussion thread (IP Merge) was started on the IP site. This was
users is only one side of the issue.  Accounts require continuous monitoring.
The annual procedure of account renewal for individual accounts provides a
mechanism by which each account can revisted. It provides the opportunity for
CCN to exchange information with the user.

Merging the IP process with the individual account process could provide the
same opportunity.  At least once a year the responsible CCN IP editor, or some
other CCN functionary could review the account, inform the IP (and the IPE's)
of changes, new products and services.  The IP (and the IPE's) have the
opportunity to respond, bring IP account information up-to-date.

Such a procedure would centralize and simplify many administrative functions.
It would also improve user service, and provide CCN improved account
information.

Doug McCann

Quoting Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>:

> Hi all,
>
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Mark Ronald Rushton wrote:
>
> > IPDB Ref.#: 1415
> > Canadian Mental Health Assoc. (Dartmouth)
> > email:  cmhadart@chebucto.ns.ca
> >
> > The IP editor for CMHA (Dartmouth) has had his account suspended
> according
> > to the IPDB.
> >
> > No other editors are listed.
>
> I'm not sure what is happening here. The User DB lists the account as
> expired, however the directory for J.P. Galipeault,
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~jpg/ and his profile page are still there.
>
> > I can follow up with the CMHA via their phone number on Monday, but the
> > point here is:
> >
> > (a) while I was gone, and this editor was suspended (I suspect for
> > non-payment?), was a notice issued to the substitute CommSupp Editor
> > (Mike), and was any action taken?
>
> None of the above. If you could call them on Monday and find out the
> status this would be great. If I recally correctly, J.P. Galipeault, the
> IP Editor for The Canadian Mental Health Association used to work for them
> on contract. They he left or his contract expired o finished and he was
> looking after the site for them on a volunteer basis,
> simultaneoulsy looking for someone who might eventually take over. It
> could be that he has left for good (or let his account expire). In any
> event, if you could touch base with them and ask them how they would like
> to proceed.
>
> > (b) if the answer is no/none, perhaps this can fit into the discussion
> > regarding the tracking of IPs?
>
> Yes: it would be great to have a script which automatically checks the
> IPDB say every two weeks and sends ccn-ip a note if there exists an IPDB
> entry for which there is not (at a minimum) one active IPE account.
>
> > I discovered this quite by accident - the link to the CMHA Nova Scotia
> > (offsite) was broken (it was added with a .com instead of a .org), and so
> > I wrote to the Dartmouth branch to query the current status.
> >
> > The <mailto:> link on the CMHA Dartmouth page pointed to nothing, when it
> > should have pointed to  "cmhadart@chebucto.ns.ca"
> >
> > Then I get a bounced email, saying "cmhadart@chebucto.ns.ca" doesn't
> > exist.
>
> Where are you finding the name <cmhadart@chebucto.ns.ca>? The ml-priv
> list for this group is <cmhans@chebucto.ns.ca> and there is no ml-pub
> list.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Chris

> Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
> Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
> URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/ (in development)