URGENT: IP Editing Broken!

Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:45:09 -0400 (AST)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
Cc: ip-help@chebucto.ns.ca, CCN Tech <ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Christopher Majka wrote:

> Yoikes! I have to report that following up  's report I tested this on
> a file on in an IP directory (/csuite/info/Culture/New/index.html) with
> identical results: any attempt to edit the file resulted in nuking it and
> replacing it with a 0K empty file. We clearly need to fix this ASAP since
> as soon as any IPs start trying to edit files this will result in a great
> mess and a stream of queries.

The /csuite/info disk is filling stupidly (i.e. it is full, but it claims
to have 83 megs free, plus even more space reserved for the superuser).
I've removed 8.5 megs of RCS files from a couple of directories to free up
some space which should last for a few days.

I'm going to bring at least part of the system down now to do an fsck on
/csuite/info, hopefully that will fix the misreporting or at least give us
some more information.