(No Subject)

From: Jamie Fifield <fifield@cs.dal.ca>
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:58:33 -0400

Date:	Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:57:32 -0400
From:	crant@ns.sympatico.ca (B. Crant)
To:	Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
CC:	az210@chebucto.ns.ca, CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Office <office@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Newfoundland's Grand Banks]

Hi; Christopher:

Christopher Majka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > We applied to become an IPE at Chebucto under the name "Newfoundland's
> > Grand Banks" In our application we sent in three individual applications
> > for the people that would be involved in this group, myself, Donald Tate
> > and Barbara McGrath, and a cheque for $57.00 to cover the cost of three
> > individual memberships. The cheque was cashed on Oct. 27, 1999, so I
> > have to assume you received our application. My question is were we
> > accepted as IPE's, and if so how are we notified, as a group and
> > individuals? Also will we be able to logon to Chebucto by modem or will
> > we have to use our own individual internet account's?
>
> There is no sign in the IP Database of such an application. What you need
> to do is to initiate an on-line application by going to the CCN
> Information Providers' Support Site ( 'g ip' ) or:
>
>         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/
>
> And choose the link to "Send in the On-line IP Application Form".
>
> After you do so you will have to send in an IP Agreement and then one or
> more of you (prospective editors) will need to complete IP Training.
> Contact Bob Adams <ac200@chebucto.ns.ca>, Team Leader of IP Training, to
> get the ball rolling on this.
>
> Although you have an account on the CCN <az210@chebucto.ns.ca>, neither
> Donald Tate nor Barbara McGrath do. Therefor they would need to get their
> own user accounts (by telneting to chebucto.ns.ca, logging in a 'guest'
> and then following the menus to get their own users account.)
>
> Just to clarify: the CCN system is such that individual people (like you
> and Donald and Barbara) apply to receive individual user accounts.
>
> An Information Provider (such as "Newfoundland's Grand Banks") then
> applies as a group or organization to the CCN to have it host their
> website. Any number of individual accounts can then be accredited to this
> IP (via the edit group) so that those people can undertake various aspects
> of the site's administration. Every individual must, however, have a user
> account.
>
> In terms of user fees, these vary depending on what level of service you
> are interested in. Check with the CCN Office to determine these.
> Currently, I believe that basic user fees are $20/year and graphical
> access (Chebucto Plus/PPP) is $100/year. In terms of IP fees I think that
> the Basic IP membership is $50/year (suggested) and that the Premium
> Service (Virtual Domain Name +) is $100/year.
>
> In terms of the site's suitability for the CCN, it seems fine to me.
>
> All the best!
>
> Christopher Majka
>
> _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
> Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
> Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
> URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html
> _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

We have already made application in writing as follows, Don and Barb did
Telent to into the site and got thier numbers as listed below, we opted to
mail the application in, rather than use the on-line submittion. You have to
have recieved the money in the amount of $57.00 since it was cashed and
included in the application. So you still haven't answered my question? I was
under the impression this was okay, I mean to send it by snail mail rather
than on-line, which we did. As you can see Don's number is az260 and Barb's is
az285. My question now is if "There is no sign in the IP Database of such an
application" how is it possible that you recieved and cashed my cheque, since
it is clear that that was for the three personal accounts, since we did this
as a package? I had asked before if it was necessary to include a sum of money
for the IP account, since we are a Volunteer group without any resource for
funding, and if we happened into some funds we would make a donation and were
told that was acceptable. I do not understand how I have an account and the
rest don't. Included in the package were three set's of ID's as well.

---------------------

Chebucto Community Net Society
c/o Department of Mathematics,
Statistics and Computing Science
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3H 3J5
Attention: Chair, Information Provider Committee
Where: Information Provider (IP) is any organization or individual that
provides information on CCN and Information Provider Editor (IPE) is any CCN
account holder who will be responsible for uploading and editing information
of said IP.
Re: Application to become Information Provider on Chebucto Community Net (CCN)

 Please consider this as the Application of (name of organization "IP")

______________________NEWFOUNDLAND^ÒS GRAND BANKS_______________________

Address: __P.O. BOX 86, 24 LORNA CRT., ELMSDALE, NS  BON 1M0___________

Telephone: day: (902) 883-8634 eve:  (902)_883-8634  fax: N/A__________

by  Bill Crant_____ (name of person "IPE") to become an Information Provider
on the Chebucto Community Net (CCN) Society.

        In consideration for the Society permitting IP to provide and maintain
information on the Chebucto Community Net for the benefit of users of CCN, IP
agrees that:
· 1. IP will assume all editorial and legal responsibility for information
posted on the CCN;
· 2. IP, its directors, employees, or agents will not post any illegal or
defamatory information or comment on the CCN;
· 3. IP will indemnify the Society, its officers, directors, employees and
agents from any liability to any or all of them resulting from information
posted by IP, its officers, directors, employees or agents;
· 4. IP will comply immediately with any direction, whether verbal, written or
by E-Mail, from the Society to remove or change information which, in the
opinion of the Society, is illegal, or defamatory;
· 5. The Society may remove from CCN any or all information provided by IP,
without prior notice to IP, if the Society considers such information to be
unsuitabl