Do we qualify?

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 23:17:45 -0300 (ADT)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: Tara Lynn Travers <an555@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, Mike Cormier <aq421@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Tara!

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Tara Lynn Travers wrote:

> Tara Travers here.  I have a few questions for you.  I'm a part of a Youth
> Delegation that is going to Rome in August 2000 to celebrate World Youth
> Day with the Pope.   We are 80 people strong and come from Halifax to
> Yarmouth to Liverpool and Truro...all over the place.
>
> We are looking for a place to put our web page.  It's not a big page,
> and has minimal graphics.  We would like to include a textarea for
> comments which may require a cgi script.  We are fundraising- this trip
> will cost us over $2500 EACH; the purpose is not to solicit funds,
> however, there is a section about upcoming meetings/events i.e.
> fundraising.  We do not need an email address, our co-ordinator and most
> participants already have one.  And, we'd only need the space until
> September 2000, so it would be a short term thing.
>
> Do you have any FREE space we could use? and if not, how much would it
> cost for us to put our page on CCN?  We don't have much money.  Or, since
> I already have a personal account with CCN can I put the web page in my
> space?  But I'd need a new account name.... We're hoping to get
> something like http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~WYD2000.htm for our homepage
> address.

The CCN would certainly be a suitable place for you to mount your site.
Our basic IP package is not free, but its is without fixed fees, i.e
groups contribute what (if anything) they can. It could be $50; it could
be less.

If you wanted to run a custon CGI script you would have to find someone
who could create/develop this for you and they would have to liase with
our Technical Committee to implement this.

The URL's for our Information Providers are always of the form:

	http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Directory/WYD2000/

Where 'Directory' refers to the appropriate CCN area. In your case it
could be CommunitySupport or Religion or something else appropriate.

For further information visit the IP Support Page at:

	http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/

Cheers!

Chris

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html