VDN registration, our documentation

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:56:51 -0300 (ADT)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: Mark Rushton <Mark@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Mark Rushton wrote:

> ...which is very easy, but there is no correlation between the info on our
> "vdn.html" page and where it's supposed to go on the network solutions page.
>
> I saw no place for entering David's technical contact info.

"Technical Contact". The Technical Contact NIC handle should be
PR1488-ORG. Enter this next to the Technical Contact role on the Contact
Information page. Then, if you don't already have a NIC handle, enter your
ne contact information to get one (you'll be Administrative Contact and
Billing Contact).

> (who's hoping he didn't just buy microsoft.com by mistake...)

heh heh... ;)

I'd recommend against using networksolutions, they are evil and always
have been. They will delay your registration just because they (think
they) can. There are now registrars you can use that don't have to pay any
of your money to NSI. (Strangely enough I don't think anyone's lowered
their registration fees yet... #*$(*@@)