IP Fees

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:40:53 -0300 (ADT)
From: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
To: Doug McCann <mccannd@gov.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Board of Directors <ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, ccn-office@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi all,

Excellent rate structure: very fine choices! I think this reflects our
commitment to a wide spectrum of the community, offers an intelligent
stratification of services, and presents some real avenues for revenue
generation for the CCN. The most intelligent and clear initiative on this
front in years (in my view)! ;->

I'll ammend the CCN Premium Services pages to reflect this new structure
toute suite.

Well done,

Chris

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Doug McCann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At the board meeting, August 31, the following interim IP rate structure
> (see e-mail thread), with amendments, was approved.
>
> For all in the position to quote our rates, these are the fees now in
> effect.  For all in the position to collect IP fees, these are the rates
> to apply.
>
> Any questions regarding the fee schedule, can be directed to myself, or
> any board member.  Comments or suggestions are also welcomed.
>
> A final fee schedule will be presented to the membership once the
> information (costs, revenues, member and user feedback) required to
> construct a reasonable and rational structure is collected and
> processed.
>
> Doug McCann
> Chair, IP Committee

> text-based dial-up service.
>
> Basic Member
> $50.00  per year.
> includes 100 meg limit on space, volunteer training, 2 mailing lists,
> text-based dial-up service.
>
> PPP Member
> $200 per year.
> includes Basic member services, plus graphics dial-up service.
>
> Other IP Service Fees
>
> Virtual Domain Name
> $200.00 per year.

> Additional registration fees from the registrating organization may
> apply. For details see
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Services/IPsupport/vdn.html.  includes: CCN
> hosting of a user or member virtual domain name, organizational email
> address
>
> Notes:
>
> VDN users are also required to be, or select, assisted, basic, or PPP
> membership in order to activate the service. Example:  Basic Member with
> VDN = $50.00 + $200.00 = $250.00 per year.
>
> Information Provider fees are payable in advance, and renewed annually.
>
> All other services (additional space, e-mail accounts, etc.) fees
> subject to board approval.
>
> Prospective and current members are also encouraged to make donations in
> support of CCN.

Christopher Majka                               <aa051@chebucto.ns.ca>
Editor-in-Chief: Chebucto Community Net - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
URL = http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Home.html

"Often his editorial policy was a nice compromise between blackmail and
begging"                - William Allen White, The Nation, Jun 18, 1938